1 – Computer Laboratory:
In 2013, the Graduate Programs in Political Science and Sociology of UFPel inaugurated a new, large and modern computer lab (LABIFISP) that also has the function of classroom for linked disciplines to the teaching of methodologies and research techniques with quantitative and qualitative aspects in the areas of Political Science and Sociology. The use of this space is exclusive of teachers and students connected to both mentioned Postgraduate Programs and all the constant equipment was acquired with resources coming from research or equipment purchase notices that teachers of PPGCPol or PPGS were contemplated. This lab is permanently equipped with eight latest generation computers, of which 04 are iMACs, 27 inches, 3.2 GHz, 8GB of memory and 04 PCs, 21 inches, 3.5GHz, 8GB of memory, all with internet high velocity access. They are extremely fast and capable of processing quality/quantitative databases and software, as well as text editing and schedule processing programs (word, excel, pages, numbers, etc.). In addition to these computers, they are properly installed in their own workstations, at specific tables for this purpose and accompanied by upholstered and rotating chairs, they have 03 licenses of the latest version of SPSS quantitative analysis software and other 07 licenses of qualitative analysis software. N-VIVO (different versions). These softwares are is used for data analysis of research conducted by teachers and students of both Programs, as well serving as fundamental tools for classes or courses in methodology and research techniques. All computers also have access to diverse research bases with emphasis on theCAPES Portal “Periodicals”, with the possibility of downloading complete scientific articles from the most important scientific journals of several areas of knowledge. The laboratory also has a multimedia projector, a printer, upholstered chairs for classes, a table and a chair for teachers, a whiteboard, as well a large table for study and meetings for research groups that can hold up to 15 people. The space also has Split (with hot / cold air), equipment not only indispensable to provide a comfortable ambience for study and research, but also for the maintenance and proper functioning of available computer equipment. In addition to the permanent laboratory equipment, it is equipped with 15 internet points and 15 energy points for teachers and students who prefer to use personal laptops. The area also has wireless access to the signs of the Sectoral Library of Social Sciences and the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology and Politics. From Monday to Friday, LABIFISP has a graduation grant holder responsible for opening and closing it, as well as providing assistance to users.
- 08 latest generation computers, 04 of them iMACs, 27 inches, 3.2 GHz, 8GB memory and 04 PCs, 21 inches, 3.5GHz, 8GB memory.
- Programs of editing texts and elaboration of schedules (word, excel, pages, numbers etc.).
- 03 licenses of quantitative analysis software SPSS.
- 07 licenses of the N-VIVO qualitative analysis software.
- Access to several research bases with emphasis on CAPES Portal “Periodicals”, with the possibility of downloading complete scientific articles from the most important scientific journals of several areas of knowledge.
- 15 internet points for use of laptops.
- Wireless accesses of the signs of the Sectoral Library of Social Sciences and the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology and Politics.
2 – Library:
Students in the Political Science Graduate Program have unlimited access to the resources of the Social Sciences Library. The Library of Social Sciences was organized in 2000, following the unification of the sectored libraries of the following UFPel units: College of Education, Institute of Letters and Arts, Institute of Sociology and Politics, Institute of Human Sciences, College of Architecture and Urbanism and Tourism and Hotel & Hospital Administration courses of the College of Domestic Sciences.
1.1 Areas covered by the collection: Education, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Philosophy, Economics, History, Geography, Architecture and Urbanism, Letters and Arts, Tourism and Business Administration.
1.2 Type of material in the collection: – Books, periodicals, pamphlets, art catalogs, dissertations / theses / monographs – Reports, CD-ROMs, video tapes, cassette tapes, microfiche theses,
1.3 Volume of the collection (COMPUTERIZED): 49.151 – Books: 43805v. – Newspapers: 707t. – Leaflets: 2203v. – Theses / Dissertation: 1058t. – Monographs / Reports: 1652t. – Visual material: 426 – Special material: 6
1.4 Acquisition policy Selection of information material is done by indicating the bibliography by professors of the subjects, following the following acquisition criteria: – Basic bibliography: 3 copies – Additional bibliography: 2 copies
- Products generated by the Library:
– Current Summaries
- Services offered by the Library:
– Home loan
– Local consultation
– Cataloging at source
– Bibliographic switching (COMUT)
– Access to the CAPES Portal
– Access to the Research Portal
– Standardization of scientific technical work
– Works in reserve
– Library use training
– Training of use of the standardization manual of works
– Guidance to manual and automated bibliographic research (Database)
– Guidance for the preparation of references
– Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
– UFPel Library System –
http://www.ufpel.edu.br/ Access: http://prg.ufpel.edu.br/sisbi
– Collection Menagement System: Pergamum Network (http://pergamum.ufpel.edu.br/pergamum/biblioteca/index.php), installed in 2011, with electronic access to the following services: consultation of the collection, reservation of materials; sign in to renew materials, check in debts, debits, loan and search history, save searches, export references and send searches by email.
- Available Spaces
– Group study rooms (06)
– Room with 08 compartments for individual study
– Study Room (Postgraduate Programs)
– Rare works
– IBGE collection area (Depositary)
– Reference works
– Book consultation area
– Periodical consultation area
– Auditorium for 20 people
– Room for sorting received works
– Technical processing room
– Restaurant and Binding Room
- Participation in the National Information Program:
– Portal of CAPES – http://www.periodicos.capes.gov.br/
– Search Portal
– COMUT – www.ibict.br (requesting library)
– BDTD – Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations http://bdtd.ibict.br/
The Library has 19 computers connected to the Internet: 11 for internal use and 08 for users to browse the collection. With the implementation of Capes Portal and Research, many titles of periodicals are no longer signed, with the following remaining: – Studies in Educational Evaluation – Documenta – Pedagogical Presence – Construction and market – Tchne Magazine